Joysway - Dragon Force 65 V5 2.4G R/C Yacht RTR White (Includes Radio)
Manufacturer: Joysway Hobby Product Code: 8805-V5W-RTR
Dragon Force 65 V5 2.4G R/C Yacht white RTR, complete with 2.4G radio set ready to sail
Out of Stock In-Stock Alert
The Joysway DragonForce 65, or DF65 for short, is by far currently the best selling RC yacht in the world. The reasons are as simple as the concept and design itself, which was developed in collaboration between Joysway and three top performance yacht designers (Mike Weston, Mark Dicks and John Tushingham) known as the group of three. This partnership has resulted in the DF65 which was first released in February 2013, an affordable competition class RC yacht that is so affordable it can enjoyed by serious competitors and non serious hobbyists alike. Sleek lines and competition-developed sails make the DragonForce 65 race, perform and compete against even those yachts that would be 10 times the price!
The DragonForce 65 is a recognised competition RC yacht that can be sailed in the restricted DF65 subclass, or may be sailed within the RG65 class with well defined rules and RC associations that are located worldwide. The boat is based on the ICE design with an ABS hull, profiled aluminium fin and moulded plastic rudder. The rig is a full sized, low aspect RG65 rig with carbon spars and a ball raced gooseneck.
Having a Joysway DragonForce means that, should you like to, you can usually find a location local to you to learn sailing tips and how to configure sails or rigging, compare (and hone) your sailing skills against others, participate in local, state, national or international competitions.
The DF65 is ready to setup and race out of the box as a Ready To Run RC model, and comes with everything necessary to get started except for AA batteries (eight AA are required). Servo's, digital 2.4GHz transmitter and receiver are therefore all included along with sails, fittings etc.
Being the worlds best selling RC yacht, we are well stocked with all of the parts that you need to keep your afternoons and weekends going! In the unusual event we are out of stock on DF65 parts, be assured there won't be a very long delay - and they're so low in cost that many hobbyists now use them as replacement parts for other rc boat models in nearby countries.
At Hobby Warehouse we've made purchasing the DF65 as close to getting it off the factory production line as we possibly can. Containers arrive directly from Joysway in nearby China and are stocked directly into our warehouses around Australia. As the primary distributor for the Asia Pacific region, we are stocked regularly with boats and parts throughout the year. Whether you are ordering from Australia, Japan, New Zealand or another country means you can have your yacht in as little as 1-3 days worldwide at extremely low cost. What previously cost $800 to $1000 (or higher) has now been made very affordable, and with low cost parts means there are zero barriers to you enjoying your spare time sailing in your local waterway.
Due to the boats popularity and success, there have been a number of gradual improvements to the design and manufacture of the Joysway 65 to make it even better. RCNZ currently stocks the latest V5 model revision that included the following modifications:
- New pear-shaped mainsail luff ring, assisting to prevent the jib boom lifting cord from getting caught in the luff ring.
- Improved bowsie design, for easier use and adjustment.
- Finer pitched thread on compression strut for improved adjustment.
- Added sail clew hook on jib boom and main boom for fast/improved rigging.
- Replaced the 4th silicone tube on the jib boom, and the 3rd silicone tube on main boom with silicone rubber "O" rings for easier rigging.
- Deleted the clip at top of forestay - it is considered better to tie the forestay cord, jib sail lifting cord and jib boom lifting cords directly to the forestay fitting. This also comforms with racing rules.
- Re-written instruction manual to incorporate the above changes, and improved explanation of the rigging process.
- Length: 655mm.
- Beam: 116.5mm.
- Mast height: 915m.
- Overall height: 1338mm.
- RTR total weight: 1350g (excluding receiver batteries).
- Sail srea (Mainsail) 14.6dm2.
- Sail area (Jib) 7.66dm2.
- Sail area (Overall): 22.26dm2.
- Hull material: ABS moulded plastic with painted finish.
- Hull with graphics and finished assembly.
- Installed electronics, running rigging, and pre-installed spar fittings.
- Sail servo and metal gear rudder servo.
- Battery box and on/off switch for receiver.
- Zinc alloy ballast and Aluminium Alloy Keel.
- Plastic display stand.
- 2.4GHz 4-Channel digital transmitter and receiver are included.
- Rudder servo and powerful winch servo included.
- Plastic display stand included.
- Zinc alloy ballast and Aluminium Alloy Keel.
- Counter-weighted jib.
- Rubber bow bumper.
- "A-rig" and sails, plus bowsies, dyneema cord and necessary accessories are all included.
- Instruction manual.
- Requires: 4x AA batteries for the transmitter, 4x AA batteries for the receiver. Offered at a discount after you add the DF65 to cart.